Pages

Friday 5 August 2016

Friday week 2

It is hard to believe that I have already been in Kenya for over a week. On the one hand I know I have been really busy, but on the other I am aware of how much there is still to do.

That being said, I took Friday as a second rest day. It felt very restful as well. I did spend quite a lot of time finishing off the spreadsheet and trying to make decisions - an increasingly difficult task, and one for which the space and time have been invaluable - but I also managed to fit in a swim, some reading, a rest on a sun bed (albeit with a distinct lack of sun) and a massage. Of course, I also had to go to the bank to get more of the charity money out - this time in a Tuktuk, for which I negotiated a reasonable price on my own.

The highlight of the day may well have been Patrick arriving with the pans he managed to get for me. He explained them clearly, and I could tell by their weight how much more suitable they would be for a Jiko than the pans I saw in the supermarket. I hope the ladies are pleased.



The other highlight of the day has been watching the monkeys. I had one come and sit on the fence of my veranda this morning - almost in touching distance!



2 comments:

  1. I like those pans,really sturdy. Glad you got a bit of relaxing time too. Love reading the blog x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ronnie. They are very heavy - feel like solid iron!

    ReplyDelete