Wednesday, 11 June 2014

Teardrop bag

I am so pleased to have made this design.  It began as the offcuts from various denim strips.  They were too short to use, but I could not bring myself to throw them away.  So, using an idea I found in a book, I sewed them into strips then sewed the strips together to make a piece of fabric.
Having pressed the fabric, it sat over the banister for some time while I waited for the "right" project to come along.  Then, in another book, I found this bag design and decided I had to make it.  My fabric produced three (and a half!) bags. I decided these had to have "significant" linings, and they also have interior pockets and a key hook.  Only two are complete at the moment - I still have to make the strap for the final one.



No comments:

Post a Comment