Pages

Thursday 21 November 2013

Shefford Gala

This is the first year I have been to this event.  Hopefully it will not be the last.  It was a lovely event - and a large one, as village events go.  Lots of sunshine, and lots of lovely contacts made, including two new volunteers to help with the sewing.  I am finding it very exciting to see how complete strangers see the value of what I am doing, and want to be actively involved. 
Just to put the icing on the cake, the lovely Frances came along and helped me to set up.  That was so much appreciated.  Even more wonderfully, despite having a Sunday lunch date with her mum, Frances returned to help me pack the stall away.  Setting up and packing down are by far my least favourite parts of an event, but her help made it so much easier.  Thank you, Frances, and thank you Shefford!





No comments:

Post a Comment