Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

Button bags

My latest crop of bags - this time decorated with buttons.

I have a lovely collection of buttons, passed on by lots of lovely people.  Many are, I am sure, antique.  On one of my Pinterest boards I have a collection of button decoration ideas, many of which I hope to incorporate into my bags at some future point in time....




Pin It
This post will be shared at these link parties:


These are quite intricately pieced, but by doing five at once (I will post the fifth in a future post) I managed to speed up the construction process.  Having said that, the cutting was quite tedious!
Three of these bags have zips - I have been asked at a number of stalls whether I have zipped bags, so one project this year is to increase the number of bags I produce with zips.  I simply added the zip to the top, but for future bags I think I will add borders to the zips as I have been doing  on projects since this one.  It gives a neater finish.  However, this is adequate and will hopefully suit some future purchasers.



This post will be shared at the following link parties:





sew many ways

Sew Darn CraftySunday FundaySubmarine Sunday
Life on Lakeshore Drive
I Heart Nap Time

Bouquet of talentSundae ScoopSew-licious
The Girl Creative
Just something I whipped upPetite Hermine

5 comments:

  1. Love the bags! I love to recycle denim too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute bags! Thanks for sharing @ Submarine Sunday!

    T'onna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have denim to recycle!Very good idea!Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are adorable!! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Have a wonderful weekend. :)
    Hugs
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute!! Thank you for linking up at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase!

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com

    Marti

    ReplyDelete