Pages

Friday 22 February 2013

Scrappy pouch tutorial

I have been stocking up on smaller items recently, and experimenting with different sizes and styles of pouches.
These used up some scraps of cotton fabric as well as the denim:
To make them I cut some 2" strips of denim and 2" strips of cotton fabric, four 10 x 4" pieces of denim and two 10 x 9" pieces of lining fabric.
I first made the decorative panel by sewing the strips of denim alternating with strips of cotton and cutting them to two 2" x 10" finished pieces. I then put one of these between two of the 10 x 4" pieces of denim.
Next I attached the zip, sandwiching it between an outer piece and a lining.  I then sewed round the entire bag and lining, leaving a gap at the bottom of the lining for turning (and making sure I had unzipped the zip first!)  I cut a 1" square out of each corner of the bag, and boxed the corners.  I then turned the bag right way in and stitched up the gap in the lining. Job done!
I'm adding this post to the following link parties:





sew many ways


Happy Hour FridaysFind a Friend FridayAnything Goes
five days five ways  feature friday free for all

5Days5Ways
30 Handmade DaysFlaunt it Friday
PIN MEme
Can I get a Whoop whoopDiana Rambles

No comments:

Post a Comment