Pages

Tuesday 27 November 2012

Boxy purses - with tutorial

My purses needed restocking in time for Christmas, and I felt like playing around with ideas and patterns a bit.  I saw a tiny boxy purse attached to a keyring and that inspired these:
These started as an 8.5" x 6" rectangle.  I inserted the zip and then sewed the sides so that the zip was centrally placed - like this:
 Then I cut the corners out - about a 1" square - in each corner, like this:

I pinched the corners and sewed them together to make the box.

They are not yet quite the size I want, but they look pretty cure.  Next set may well be smaller and more cube than cuboid - possibly attached to a keyring.

I'm sharing this post at these lovely link parties:


TA Da TuesdayToo Cute TuesdayTutorial Tuesday
Creative Itch


Sew Cute TuesdayNifty Thrifty TuesdayLadybug Blessings

1 comment:

  1. So cute idea, love it!! Love demin fabric! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
    Happy week !

    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete