Pages

Saturday 11 August 2012

Casuarina House bags part 1

I completed the first ten bags to send to Kenya for the children of Casuarina House' Christmas presents.  A friend from Church is going over there in ten days (jealous? Me? Just a tad) and offered to take some of them with her, so today I made a big effort and completed the first ones.  Actually, putting the bags together went really quickly, and sitting in the sunshine in the garden to tidy threads and put the drawstrings in was a really pleasant way to spend a couple of hours.
So, ten down, only fourteen to go.  I have set my embroidery machine up ready for names again, and have already embroidered three more names though these still need the Casuarina House logo adding.  After I finish those, my order of 30 t-shirts arrived yesterday, ready for me to embroider the logo on!









I'm sharing this post at the following link parties:

Serenity youPhotobucket
Photobucket
Serenity SaturdayPolkadot prettiesSaturday Sew and Tell 
Wildflowers and Whimsy

Sew Crafty Saturday
Strut your stuff Saturday
Once upon a weekend

4 comments:

  1. Awesome bags!!! I love them and so will the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cutebags! The kids will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THOSE BACKPACKS!! Caps deliberate, as I was definitely shouting! Oh my I hope you get some pictures of the kids with their backpacks - won't that be just PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely bags, and they have pockets - the kids will love them and enjoy using them!

    ReplyDelete