Pages

Saturday 14 April 2012

More purses

Here are some more of my purse experiments:
Heart shaped purse. I lined this one - not sure I would do so again as it made the purse quite bulky.



Ruffle purse. A pretty way of using up some scraps. I found the pattern here, but of course I changed it.  On one I used the lining fabric for the front of the purse, and on all of them I aded a press stud fastening and a pretty button.




Pocket purse with curved top. I have a lot of longer zips; these used them effectively.  Yes, of course I used pockets - I still have an abundance of them!


Following on from this, I took the shape of the ruffle purse and put a zip round the semi circle.  This looks complicated but I cut the purse body from some fabric I had already made by sewing strips together.  This one is lined and I will be making more of them.

Monster purse- a variation on the monster phone case. I'm very fond of this and, as it was extremely easy to make, will be making several more.  I might even put a tutorial up eventually!


Another monster case - with the zip as the mouth this time.

Finally, another ruffle purse.  The idea came from one I had seen online but, as I couldn't find the instructions when I was looking for it again, I made all the measurements up!

I will definitely be making more of the ruffle pouches, monster purses and curved pouches and, as I still have lots of front pockets to use up, I suspect more pocket purses are in the pipeline as well.
Shared at the Saturday link parties on my Link Parties page:
Serenity Saturday
You Inspire
Strut Your Stuff Saturday
Sew Crafty Saturday
Once Upon a Weekend
and also at See Kate Sew sewalong ruffles

8 comments:

  1. Thank you Pam. I'm hoping to make a tutorial for it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA love the fir ... oh wait - Pam said it first, lol! OK - what SHE said!!!! *points to Pam's post* :D I bought some sew-on googley eyes a while back - I actually bought them with the intent of adding them to zipper bags, but I haven't done so yet - I need to get on the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your clutches are so cute! I use recycled denim too.

    I'm visiting from Kate's link up...Have a fabulous weekend,
    Nikell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou all. Sandra and Pam - you probably don't need it, but the tutorial for the monster purse will be up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These purses are so cute! Loving the monster one!! We're so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute love the pocket purses and monster ones!!

    Thanks for sharing on Serenity Saturday
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for linking up this lovely project!!!
    This week’s linky party is up, i would love you to stop by and link up another fabulous project....
    http://polkadot-pretties.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/you-inspire-linky-party_21.html
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete