Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

Belinda Bag

It has taken me a few days to complete these, but now that I have I thought I would share them with you.  The pattern is the Belinda Bag, designed by Helen Coverley who is a regular tutor at Tudor Rose Patchwork where I attend courses.  It is a lovely bag to make, and, I think, ideal for denim recycling.  An added bonus in this case is that I lined them with Kenyan fabric.  Whenever Debbie goes to Utange I ask her to buy me some fabric.  This, I believe, curtain or furnishing fabric and seems to be linen.  It is lovely to sew with and a great weight for larger bags.  It is also incredibly cheap!  Can't wait till Debbie returns with further supplies for me in a few weeks.
Anyway, here are my three new Belinda bags:


I'll be offering these for sale next weekend at the Green House, Letchworth if you are anywhere near!

I'm sharing this post at the following link parties:
Six Sisters' Stuff
 Sew Country Chick
Serenity You
Bacon Time

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful bags. Great cause too. Please come share your talents and generosity at the Anything Goes Bacon Time weekly linky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mindie. I have added to yoru linky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beauty. Love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jelli. I debated putting more pictures up to show the linings on all the bags - but decided not to! The fabrics really do add something though. Hope you will come back and visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lining fabric is gorgeous!!! The diamond pattern on the outside looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beauty! Love the lining and the pattern :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both. I'm very pleased with how these turned out.

      Delete
  7. These are beautiful! and what an amazing selfless idea too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Ruth. I'm looking forward to Saturday - I have a lot of items that I am selling for the first time so am looking forward to seeing how they are received.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Featuring this today on Serenity Saturday party!!
    serenityyou.blogspot.com

    Natasha xx

    ReplyDelete